I have a TATA NANO Lx. My first car.
There is a BIG I mean a really BIG problem with the car.
And all the bad review and all the bad comments in the Internet are because of THAT particular thing.
Believe it or not if THAT particular point is taken care for,
then the small car will be O.K.
But Mr Ratan Tata has to understand the MOST IMPORTANT Point.
He should not hurt the feeling of people who have burnt a hole in their pockets by buying a Maruti 800 or Alto.
This can never be tolerated.
WHY did you do this BIG mistake?
You Should Have Made the price Rs 3 lakhs or USD6500 minimum for the base model.
Then no one would have been so much foul mouthing about an ECONOMICAL city car.
The LESS price is difficult to digest. Media is all over it. Take the example of NANO in New Delhi that caught fire.
Read the following lines carefully.
The sky blue Nano bought by SC advocate Ravinder Narayan in May, had done 34,000km and was serviced once.
According to the Owner’s manual First Engine oil should be changed in 10,000 kms or 1 year at 3rd service. So engine oil should have been changed atleast 3 times. But the car has been serviced only once, which can be considered the FIRST one after 500 kms or 1 month. In this reagrd it beats me how the NANO is able to run without engine oil for 24,000 kms? If it did manage that then It proves how robustly it has been built.
I have never seen an owner (I mean buyer not his nephew) of a Mercedes or BMW criticizing NANO.
Only the owners of Maruti 800 and Alto and yeah the great second hand owners of slightly costlier cars complain about NANO.
I have seen children smiling and recognizing NANO wherever I go.
I am a normal person who wanted a sheltered all season vehicle for transport within my city limit and occasional tour to my village, at an affordable price.
Still people who bought cars that do not even have standard fog lamps ask me if I have ABS and airbags when they think they can silence me when I brag about having alloy wheels and music system with integrated telephone receiving capability as advertised in Ford Figo and Fiat Punto. These are available in the TATA accessory.
- I am happy to see Heads of school children turn in acknowledgement when the see my NANO.
- I am Happy to have a roof in Rain.
- I am Happy NANO made me a minor celebrity in my small town as heads turned whenever my little car moved anywhere.
- I am Happy I am not soaked in rain or scorched in heat when I am in My NANO.
- I am HAPPY when my co-passenger can stretch her/his legs(Try that on any, yeah any big or small car) fully.
- I am HAPPY to have the car with best mileage
- I am NOT SCARED when somebody says NANO will catch fire. Not because I am in Denial. It is just because it has already paid itself over.
The flaunt value of NANO is more than any BMW, Mercedes or AUDI for the common people India.
And THAT is your BIG MISTAKE Mr Ratan Tata.
For which I a common Indian salutes you and Thanks you.
Popularity: 1% [?]